Saturday, May 16, 2020

2 Years - Bachelor's degree in Violin

My plan is to just take music classes Fall 2020-Spring 2021 and to finish the rest the next schoolyear, which may not be able to be the summer.  This is all online.  All that could get in the way is complications moving to a group home or something like that, well moving out on my own if my dad gets worse then, which he said he would get worse probably.  I'm not sure if I need 8 ensembles or 8 orchestra specifically credits, and so I may need to add 2 more orchestras in there hopefully.  I just e-mailed to ask if the orchestra was in session and I could do it this summer instead.  I might also do dance, a new place just opened with classes for all and companies; I think I could perform.  I'm waiting to hear if I can take a placement class.  Anyway, I took 14 credit hours this semester and it was a nightmare.  I can't take summer classes with financial aid, so I'm not taking some classes this summer.  My financial aid is denied at a community college here and at the other community college I need to be let back in so too late anyway.  So, I'll be 36 years old when I graduate hopefully.  It's a Bachelor of Arts in Music.  I also hope to learn German so I can move to Germany.  At least I can do a little now.

Summer 2021 (maybe)
- Orchestra - 1 credit hour
______________________
- TOTAL - 1 credit hour

Fall 2020
- Violin - 2 credit hours
- Orchestra - 1 credit hour
- Recital Lab - 0 credit hours
- Music Theory - 4 credit hours
- Music History - 3 credit hours
______________________
- TOTAL - 10 CREDIT HOURS

Spring 2021
- Violin - 2 credit hours
- Orchestra - 1 credit hour
- Recital Lab - 0 credit hours
- Music Theory - 4 credit hours
- Basic Conducting - 3 credit hours
______________________
- TOTAL - 10 credit hours

Summer 2021 (maybe)
- Orchestra - 1 credit hour
- Biology - 3 credit hours (maybe)
______________________
- TOTAL - 1 or 4 credit hours

Fall 2021
- Violin - 2 credit hours
- Orchestra - 1 credit hour
- Recital Lab - 0 credit hours
- Instrumental Conducting - 3 credit hours
- Religion - 3 credit hours
- Biology - 3 credit hours (or maybe during the summer somewhere else)
______________________
- TOTAL - 9 or 12 credit hours

Spring 2022
- Senior Recital - 0 credit hours
- Violin - 2 credit hours
- 1 Orchestra - 1 credit hour
- Recital Lab - 0 credit hours
- Religion - 3 credit hours
- Religion - 3 credit hours
______________________
TOTAL - 9 credit hours